Monday, September 27, 2010

Einstein Influence

Keelyn has been obsessed with the Little Einsteins lately. And I'd much rather sit down with her to watch an episode of Einsteins than Spongebob. She pays such attention to details and takes them with her outside of TV time where her imagination really comes alive. Some examples:

Yesterday she asked me to make low pigtails in her hair like Annie. I didn't even remember Annie had pigtails. Now I know. Then she picked up her microphone and said, "I am going to sing ALL the way to Ms. Jeanette's house." And then she did...just like Annie.

At Addison's birthday party the girls got Dora noise makers (except these didn't make noise...thank you Laura!). When I asked Keelyn what she had, she said "instruments." I was impressed that she thought that's what they were and that she used such a big word! This is from an episode where she learned the words Piccolo-dactile and Bass-a-saurus-Rex. She amazes me everyday!

I overheard her the other night going through all of the motions of June's ballet. It was very sweet to hear her recite almost the whole episode...even the difficult to say french words.

And my favorite is when she tells me I am the Mean Queen. And not because I am mean, but because we are playing the roles of another episode. The Mean Queen turns the Unicorn to stone and we have to break the spell by "conducting all the animals." It's funny though because I am always the Mean Queen and then I am always the one getting turned to stone. Guess it is her production and she'll do it anyway she likes! Anything in her hand magically transforms into her Magic Mirror and she always breaks the spell allowing me to move freely again.

No comments:

Post a Comment